Tasty Tailgating Recipes for the Big Game!
With the arrival of September and cool fall breezes comes the festivity of football season filled with fellowship and mouth-watering food. The tailgating tradition on Saturdays is filled with delicious food and unforgettable camaraderie as fans eagerly await their favorite college team to hit the gridiron. Enjoy these three tasty tailgating recipes for delicious dips that are sure to be a crowd pleaser from The Pioneer Woman.
Grilled Corn Guacamole
Prep: 10 Minutes
Cook: 10 Minutes
• 3 ears Corn, Shucked
• 6 whole Avocados, Diced
• 1 whole Large Tomato, Diced
• 1/3 cup Onion, Finely Diced
• 2 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
• 2 Tablespoons Diced Fresh Jalapeno
• 1 whole Lime, Juiced
• 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
• 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
• 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves
Grill corn until nice and golden, with good grill marks on the kernels. Allow to cool a bit, then cut the kernels off the cobs. Set aside.
Halve avocados and remove pit. Cut avocado into a dice inside the skin, then scoop out with a spoon.
In a bowl, combine corn kernels, diced avocados, diced tomato, jalapenos, minced garlic, lime juice, salt, and cumin. Stir gently to combine. Add cilantro and stir in.
Healthy 7-Layer Dip
Prep: 15 Minutes
• 1 can (14 Oz. Size) Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
• 1 cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
• 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
• 1-1/2 Large Hass Avocados, Pitted
• 1/2 Lime, Juiced
• 1/4 cup Crumbled Queso Fresco
• 2 Tomatoes, Chopped
• 1/3 cup Sliced Black Olives
• 2 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
• 2 Tablespoons Minced Cilantro
Spread black beans in the bottom of a glass baking dish.
In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, cumin, paprika, salt and cayenne. Carefully spread the yogurt mixture over the black beans.
In a bowl, mash avocados with a fork and stir in lime juice. Spread over the yogurt. Layer the queso fresco, tomatoes, black olives, green onions and cilantro over the avocados.
Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
Hot Olive and Artichoke Dip
Prep: 10 Minutes
Cook: 25 Minutes
• 1 can Artichoke Hearts (14 Oz. Can)
• 10 whole Black Olives
• 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese (1 Pack)
• 1 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
• 1 whole Egg
• 1/4 cup Red Onion, Diced
• 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
• 3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
• Salt and Pepper, to taste
• Cayenne Pepper (for Spice)
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 5 to 8 times until mixture is combined but not totally liquefied. Stir and check seasonings, then pour into a small casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Serve with Stacy’s Simply Naked chips.
Would you like more ideas for weekend fun and fellowship? Visit our Lifestyle | Travel section for more great ideas!